CouchDB and Erlang in Update Pack 7, Erlang is crashing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mr.generic.user

CouchDB and Erlang in Update Pack 7, Erlang is crashing

Post by mr.generic.user »

I looked around for this for a while. After editing a config file, I was able to get error messages to log to files instead of going to /dev/null. The error message was "Erlang is crashing .." after some heartbeat stuff was started. It seems the issue is that in Update Pack 7, Erlang is upgraded to version 16, but couchdb 1.2.0* WILL NOT WORK with that version of Erlang. I was able to find a debian package for CouchDB v1.4.0* here:

[url]http://packages.debian.org/jessie/couchdb[/url]

It seems like I might be the only one here that experiments with this database, but if not I hope I have helped someone.

P.S. I put this here in howtos because the last couchdb post about fixing an issue with the package in the mint repo got moved here from software. Based on that I am guessing that the overlords would prefer this here as well instead of under "issues updating to UP7..."
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jacquarg

Re: CouchDB and Erlang in Update Pack 7, Erlang is crashing

Post by jacquarg »

I encounter the same difficulties, solved with the jessie couchdb package to.

Some details to help other people find this solution quicker, until it's solved in mint repositories.

After update to pack 7, couchdb fail silently to start :

Code: Select all

$ sudo service couchdb start
[ ok ] Starting database server: couchdb.
$ sudo service couchdb status
Apache CouchDB is not running.

Launching couchdb by hand show the following message :

Code: Select all

$couchdb
{"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{{app_would_not_start,ssl},{couch_app,start,[normal,["/etc/couchdb/default.ini","/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}}},[{couch,start,0,[{file,"couch.erl"},{line,18}]},{init,start_it,1,[]},{init,start_em,1,[]}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
couchdb jessie's package installs smoothly, and solved the problem.
paulodiovani

Re: CouchDB and Erlang in Update Pack 7, Erlang is crashing

Post by paulodiovani »

Same problem here, and also, instaling 1.4.0-3 from jessie worked. But I had to install libjs-underscore before.

Return to “LMDE Archive”