For those of us who want to use the Hulu Desktop Application this How To makes it very quick and simple to do so.
1. Download the Hulu Desktop Application from http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop
2. Install the application using gdebi or the command "dpkg -i huludesktop_0.9.8-2_i386.deb" from the directory you downloaded it to.
3. Run Hulu Desktop for the initial setup. You will get an error stating you need to modify the .huludesktop file to locate libflashplayer.so
4. run this command in your home directory "gedit .huludesktop"
5. Locate the [flash] entry. it should be right there so you shouldn't have to scroll down.
6. Change the line flash_location = (null) to flash_location = /opt/mint-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
7. Save and close.
8. Start Hulu Desktop and it should function correctly.