I just finished figuring out how to install Spotify under wine on LMDE. It was a princess, so I thought I'd document what I did just in case it can help someone else. It looks easy and straightforward when I document it in hindsight, but it took me a lot of hours of frustration. Anyway...
1) Download Spotify.exe from their website
2) Enable the Debian Sid repository
3) Mark wine-unstable, libwine-unstable, and every libwine-xxxx-unstable that has to do with audio (yes... I needed to install the extra libs or it wouldn't work)
4) install the packages
5) go to configure wine -> audio and select the OSS driver
6) install spotify.exe with wine
Like I said... it sounds easy, but it was a real pain.
Last edited by zerozero
on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: make the tittle clearer