UP5

Post your update and upgrade related errors here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

UP5

Postby Motion on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

Hi,

Came on LMDE 2 days ago and keen to be on the wave.

I set the repos to incoming this morning.

Here are the cosmetics issues (with Cinnamon, which seems to be the only concerned by issues here) :

- Changed theme : neither dash, nor square anymore in the corner of windows. In fact they are here but invisible.
- Font is white and often the background color is grey : we just cannot see a thing of what is written.

Ran into bunch of updates, everything else seems to work on my system.

Cheers,

Motion
Motion
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: UP5

Postby chemicalfan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah, these are the same issues I've got - I think it's related to something in Cinnamon being built for the older version of GTK3. I guess we just have to wait until the relevant component in Cinnamon is patched.....? :?
chemicalfan
Level 2
Level 2

Postby squeezy on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

chemicalfan wrote:Yeah, these are the same issues I've got - I think it's related to something in Cinnamon being built for the older version of GTK3. I guess we just have to wait until the relevant component in Cinnamon is patched.....? :?

Not a problem with Cinnamon, it's a problem in the mint-x-theme package. It's like this no matter what DE you choose. This has been reported by numerous people so I'm sure Clem will be patching the theme.
squeezy
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Monsta on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm

One more Update Pack 5 Feedback Thread?

As for the theme problem, it's not new, and here's the thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=198&t=101647
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Update/Upgrade Issues