[SOLVED] Latest mythtv permissions

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Blairboy

[SOLVED] Latest mythtv permissions

Post by Blairboy »

Not sure what's going on, but as of UP5, mythtv will not delete recordings nor will mythvideo delete videos. The super annoying thing is mythbackend reports no errors whatsoever when deleting recordings. Mythfrontend, when deleting videos in mythvideo, merely gives a "file not deleted" error. All of this worked perfectly prior to the 0.25 update, so I'm at a loss. Also, changing permissions to 777 has had no effect, which is supremely annoying. Another weird thing is that new recordings are made with 644 permissions, which hasn't been done prior. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Blairboy

Re: Latest mythtv permissions

Post by Blairboy »

Okay, figured out the problem, still not sure how to fix it though. If videos/recordings are not owned by mythtv, even if permissions are set to 777, mythtv will not delete the file. This did not happen prior to the update. Any ideas on how to get myth to realize that it can/should delete the file with 777 permissions?
Blairboy

Re: Latest mythtv permissions

Post by Blairboy »

Figured it out. changed the user in the mythtv-backend init.d script to my user. Sorta ridiculous that I had to, but yeah.

Return to “LMDE Archive”