Update Manager Issues

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
anrkst

Update Manager Issues

Post by anrkst »

Recently, Update Manager no longer displays "Description" or "Changelog" for any updates. An example: as of this writing, I have 1 recommended update (19mb) pending, but no other information as to what or why. The only way to determine this is to perform the update and show details.

Is there a way to fix this?

Synaptic showed that it is an upgrade to Jitsi.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Update Manager Issues

Post by karlchen »

Hello, anrkst.

I tend to assume that you have moved the slider between
+ the upper part of the Mint Update window where it displays the list of available updates and
+ lower part of the Mint Update window where it offers the tabs "Description" and "Changelog"
so far down that it almost collapses with the bottom edge of the Mint Update window.

It should however be possible to locate the slider and pull it up again thus making the tabs "Description" and "Changelog" accessible again.
Have a look at the 2 screenshots. Hope they illustrate well what I had in mind. Hope they help you get your invisible tabs back.

Kind regards,
Karl

(Mint Update Description tab invisible)

(Mint Update Description tab back)
Last edited by karlchen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced local screenshot files with links to uploads on imgur.com
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
anrkst

Re: Update Manager Issues

Post by anrkst »

Hey Karl:

Doh! I didn't see the slider. :oops: Thanks for the help.

Return to “LMDE Archive”