UP7 Crashes everytime.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
decrypted

UP7 Crashes everytime.

Post by decrypted »

I had just installed lmde for the first time, knowingly fully well its beta. I've already tried linux mint 13 with no success with my only wireless dongle.
lmde seems to work well with my wireless adapter. I've came here from using Ubuntu 12.04,Only because I was Beginning to find that it has hidden security threats.
Now I have no success thus far with updating though either the update manager or the terminal, And I have indeed spent countless hours searching why this is happening.
I seem to have the same problem as this guy -> [url]http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=145835[/url] but everytime I do
This

Code: Select all

/usr/share/python-apt/templates/LinuxMint.mirrors
to LinuxMint.mirrors.old
Than ran this

Code: Select all

apt-get dist-upgrade
I get two different kernal versions at the grub menu
3.2.0-4
and
Thus makes it have even more troubles updating and installing anything
I've tried over 5 times installing lmde updating it, having the same exact problems if not more, than reinstalling it again
I seriously need help :( how do you update from up6 to up7 on a live machine (not a virtual machine)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
decrypted

Re: UP7 Crashes everytime.

Post by decrypted »

Update: ran into this problem after preforming apt-get upgrade
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
Processing triggers for dictionaries-common ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
mint-debian-mirrors
going to try and fix it with sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/mint-debian-mirrors.postinst
than apt update, and apt install mint-debian-mirrors
Wish me well!
decrypted

Re: UP7 Crashes everytime.

Post by decrypted »

Update:
Welp Afterward I've tried the remaining updates in the update manager, Not even half way though it decided to close everything out and except the lmde starter wallpaper (even the icons and panel were gone!) I fineally found out how to log back in to Cinnamon though ctrl alt f1 (whatever post I read to know that thank you!) And it appeared like nothing had closed at all (Firefox and xchat were still running even though i didnt see it in the panel!). So I checked the update manager and sure enough Im updated to on Update Pack 7???? Thus said I now have 2 kernel versions like before. I'm I supposed to have 2 kernel versions?? And if so can i still use 3.2 with no problem?
I'll update the title to solved when someone tells me I've somehow solved it.... :/

Return to “LMDE Archive”