Using LMDE UP8, not tracking any Debian repos
- update 8 installed, reboot, login.
- Go to connect apple magic trackpad to bluetooth via belkin USB bT dongle. was previously pairedand working, not paired now.
- pair with apple magic trackpad...first problem: Trackpad shows up as a tablet with a series of ID numbers rather than apple magic trackpad, which was formerly recognized correctly. Pairing with mislabeled entry successful.
- Second Problem: trackpad works momentarily, then whole system becomes unresponsive. No mouse or key input. have to hard reset via power button.
- reboot and log in. BT applet now shows tablet with ID/address numbers in connect submenu (but it is the magic trackpad). Connect once, momentary on switch, then back off, connect a second time and it sticks, touchpad works for a moment, but moving cursor causes system freeze within moments.
Can anyone help me sort this out? Happy to provide logs/output if needed. Maybe vendor/product code has a typo in it somewhere? I am having the problem on two computers where I use the trackpad via bluetooth.