(fyi) LibreOffice 4.3 slightly breaks some gtk themes

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dclement

(fyi) LibreOffice 4.3 slightly breaks some gtk themes

Post by dclement »

Hello,

This post is just to report something that I've observed while testing an upgrade to LibreOffice 4.3 (from Jessie). Many packages updated.

From then on, some of the theme style don't render correctly. Among them: Albatross, Bluebird, Mint-X. Basically, some button/toolbar labels appear on a background which is not consistent with the button background itself.

Look at these screenshots:

Image Image

But I understand that in November we shall all join (former) Jessie, the soon-to-be Stable? Hopefully a fix will be released before.

Best regards, Daniel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: (fyi) LibreOffice 4.3 slightly breaks some gtk themes

Post by Monsta »

dclement wrote:I've observed while testing an upgrade to LibreOffice 4.3 (from Jessie). Many packages updated.
Yes, and IIRC it pulled in GTK+ 3.12 with it. Current mint-themes-gtk3 in LMDE supports only 3.8.

Solution: get mint-themes and mint-themes-gtk3 (both - for consistency) from Mint 17 repo.
They're meant for GTK+ 3.10 though, so some slight glitches may still occur. But for your system it would be better than keeping the current ones anyway. :)

As for the other affected themes, I think you can simply get the newer versions from Jessie repos.
dclement

Re: (fyi) LibreOffice 4.3 slightly breaks some gtk themes

Post by dclement »

Monsta wrote:Yes, and IIRC it pulled in GTK+ 3.12 with it. [...]
Yes, exactly, that's the version in Jessie.
[...]But for your system it would be better than keeping the current ones anyway. :)[...]
I like that, it's my favorite "do-nothing" policy :-). I'll just wait for LMDE "Stable" and see.

Return to “LMDE Archive”