[SOLVED] How can the up Updater be scheduled

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Kittum

[SOLVED] How can the up Updater be scheduled

Post by Kittum »

I was wondering if and how can the updater be scheduled to operate while I am asleep.

Since I live away from any source of DSL, my Internet is via satellite. With my satellite service there is a 200 MB usage limit between 6 a.m. and 1 a.m. of the next day. Between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. you can download all that you are able to. I just checked my update thingy and this one is 126 MB. That is more that enough to put me over the 200 MB limit. On the other hand I do not feel like getting up at 0100 to hit the update button. To be more honest I don't want to have to let the dog out and back in, wonder where the cat went, run into the Christmas tree that is still up, and I surely DON'T want to accidentally wake up the wife at 0100.

Is there anyway to cause this to happen automatically at 0105?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: How can the up Updater be scheduled

Post by vrkalak »

Click on the icon and open MintUpdate.

Then, click on Edit, then Preferences.

This will open a new Preferences Window > select Auto-Refresh

From there you can schedule the days and times you want Mint-Update to search for New Updates.

But, this will just Notify you of any New Updates, through the MintUpdate icon -- you still have to 'click to install' them.
. . . . . . . . . .

I have my MintUpdate set, to refresh itself, and Notify every 6 hours.
Kittum

Re: [SOLVED] How can the up Updater be scheduled

Post by Kittum »

I can see the point of needing to approve the updates and the 'click to install' routine.

I just change the refresh timing to once a day.

Return to “LMDE Archive”