LMDE BREAKAGES - tracking TESTING

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ceykooo

Re: LMDE BREAKAGES - tracking Testing - read here first-8/n

Post by ceykooo »

Thanks viking and zerozero. I've referred to this thread numerous times to sort out some issues I'd run into, so it's only fair to give back when I can - that's the open source philosophy in a nutshell, isn't it? :)
Chipshotz

Post by Chipshotz »

Xorg
Is there a schedule for xorg releases? I mistakenly updated xorg and now have trouble with flash. It crashes 3 out of 4 times.
Can I go back a version?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Chipshopz,
sorry but you are not telling us much :lol: in order to help you:
- you updated xorg from what v. to what?
- what v. of flash crashes?
- and btw your

Code: Select all

inxi r
would be also nice 8)
Chipshotz

Post by Chipshotz »

zerozero wrote:Chipshopz,
sorry but you are not telling us much :lol: in order to help you:
- you updated xorg from what v. to what?
- what v. of flash crashes?
- and btw your

inxi r
would be also nice 8)
Sorry zerozero :oops:

xserver-xorg (1:7.6+8) to 1:7.6+9
xserver-xorg-core (2:1.10.4-1) to 2:1.11.1.901-2
xserver-xorg-input-evdev (1:2.6.0-2+b1) to 1:2.6.0-2+b2
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (1.4.1-1) to 1.4.1-1+b1

inxi r
CPU~Quad core AMD Phenom II X4 955 (-MCP-) clocked at Min:800.000Mhz Max:3200.000Mhz Kernel~3.1.0-1-amd64 x86_64 Up~1:26 Mem~850.7/3966.1MB HDD~720.2GB(40.9% used) Procs~160 Client~Shell inxi~1.7.15-1

Nvidia graphics 290.10

Flash version 11,2,202,96

Appreciate any help you can give me.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Chipshotz,
we were here talking about flash/xserver/crashes, see if any of those tricks work for you;
just for your info, i can't still do fullscreen vid in FF atm (just open Opera if i have to), but in all the rest flash is fine here;

anyway, there's one strange thing:

apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-core
xserver-xorg-core:
  Installed: 2:1.11.2.901-1
  Candidate: 2:1.11.2.901-1
  Version table:
 *** 2:1.11.2.901-1 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
you already update xserver, why not do it to the last available v.?
AnSnarkista

Post by AnSnarkista »

There is another breakage, at least in my machine. Nautilus commands doesn't works. I run "nautilus" in gnome-terminal, y it gives me:

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:96:20: Junk at end of value

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:499:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:503:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:512:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:521:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:530:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:539:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:567:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:669:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:675:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:681:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:688:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:694:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:700:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:706:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:712:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:718:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:724:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:765:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:792:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:800:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:808:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:816:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:825:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:852:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:858:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated

(nautilus:30332): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:870:27: Whitespace between 'url' and '(' is deprecated
I've reported this error on the Spanish forum too (because I'm Spanish. I'm supporting a copy from this thread in the other forum, for people who can't understand english). [THIS ONE IS SOLVED] (I've try it again today, and no problem, but neither yesterday nor the day before was running)

And there is another change, letter's colours of the Desktop, has changed to dark grey, and people (like me) who use a dark background, may have the visibility difficulted.

I've been looking in the internet, but it seems to be new (no matches at google...)

Now, i'm busy, but i'll keep looking for a solution.

Saludos!!
Chipshotz

Post by Chipshotz »

zerozero wrote:Chipshotz,
we were here talking about flash/xserver/crashes, see if any of those tricks work for you;
just for your info, i can't still do fullscreen vid in FF atm (just open Opera if i have to), but in all the rest flash is fine here;

anyway, there's one strange thing:

[code]apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-core
xserver-xorg-core:
  Version table:
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
[/code]
you already update xserver, why not do it to the last available v.?
Thanks - I'll look through this thread a little better.
My question:
You're correct, but how did you get this info from my post?

apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-core
xserver-xorg-core:
  Version table:
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
also, how do update to the last available v.? I've looked through Synaptic and see nothing.

Thank you!
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Chipshotz,
i didn't get that info from your post, that apt-cache policy was from my system and didn't match the last v. available in your system:
you:
me:
xserver-xorg-core:
it's not a major v. difference, but...

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
gives you what?
Chipshotz

Post by Chipshotz »

i didn't get that info from your post, that apt-cache policy was from my system and didn't match the last v. available in your system:
you:
me:
xserver-xorg-core:

gives you what?
Aahhhh - the 2:1.11.2.901-1 is what I missed. What I clearly see is my eyes aren't what they once were. :cry:

Looking through History I did find a later update with the 2:1.11.2.901-1 ver. of xserver-xorg-core.
Chromiun hangs the system completely and although Flash in Opera hangs I can get out of it. I'll reinstall Flash again.

???
Chipshotz

Post by Chipshotz »

Chipshotz wrote:
you:
me:
xserver-xorg-core:

gives you what?
Aahhhh - the 2:1.11.2.901-1 is what I missed. What I clearly see is my eyes aren't what they once were. :cry:

Looking through History I did find a later update with the 2:1.11.2.901-1 ver. of xserver-xorg-core.
Chromiun hangs the system completely and although Flash in Opera hangs I can get out of it. I'll reinstall Flash again.

???
I went through my system and removed every libflashplayer.so. Went to Synaptic and installed flashplayer-mozilla. So far it's working in Iceweasel, Opera and Chromium without a crash. Full screen also worked in Iceweasel.

Thanks for your help zerozero.
narnie

Post by narnie »

ceykooo wrote:A recent update of gir1.2-glib-2.0 to 1.31.0-2 (and/or maybe gjs 1.29 to 1.30) broke the Alt-F2 run command prompt in gnome-shell. Any command you try to run to execute something in your path results in a "Command not found" error. See the referenced bugs: 656054 & 816762. The interface to gjs has changed, but gnome-shell has not been updated to use the new interface. We can fix this by manually applying these two patches to gnome-shell: 1 & 2

We just need to get rid of "argc" in a few places, and make a copy of the original for good measure:

cd /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc
sudo mv util.js util.js.pkg-orig
sudo bash -c 'sed "s/argc, //" util.js.pkg-orig > util.js'
Don't forget to restart gnome-shell after to apply the changes. Execute "r" in Alt-F2.

This is one of the times when I like gnome 3. Just editing javascript is so much more convenient than recompiling.
Following the above broke my Gnome 3. When I did Alt-F2 "r", it killed gnome-shell and took me back to GDM login. Fortunately, Ctrl-Alt F1 logging in a root and

# mv util.js util.js.fixed_not
# cp util.js.pkg-orig util.js 
Reverted it back to where I can use Gnome 3 now.

I think perhaps I will wait until it is fixed with an update.

I installed "gmrun" and bound it to Alt-F3 and am using it as an Alt-F2 replacement (it has much better command line completion and shows a list of possible items to select when there are several) and tells you when it is unique. Much better than Alt-F2 anyway.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Thanks for that narnie.

LIke yourself the update also broke the run dialog for me, and ceykoo's fix didn't work either (although it didn't stop "Alt/F2 r" from working in my case).

As you say probably best to wait for a fix to arrive.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Re the problem above, I just found my own fix. It is not any different from ceykoo's solution except it is done manually. My run dialog now works again. So open a terminal and do:

sudo gedit /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc/util.js
Then Ctl/f and search for argc. There are only three instances so it doesn't take long. Manually delete argc, from those three places and it now works.

narnie is right though, gmrun bound to Alt/F3 is actually a better run dialog except it doesn't understand the 'r' command so it can't restart gnome-shell with that shortcut.
nimbvs

Post by nimbvs »

Today gnucash failed to start, instead it was giving me this:

$ gnucash
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

gnc.gui:ERROR:gnc-icons.c:74:gnc_add_stock_icon_pair: assertion failed: (pixbuf1 && pixbuf2)
Aborted
I managed to make it work again by making a symlink (solution found from an IRC discussion):

ln -s /usr/lib /usr/lib32
I also filed a bug report to Debian.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

nimbvs wrote:Today gnucash failed to start, instead it was giving me this:

$ gnucash
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

gnc.gui:ERROR:gnc-icons.c:74:gnc_add_stock_icon_pair: assertion failed: (pixbuf1 && pixbuf2)
Aborted
I managed to make it work again by making a symlink (solution found from an IRC discussion):

ln -s /usr/lib /usr/lib32
I also filed a bug report to Debian.
Strange?
Gnucash works fine for me.
nimbvs

Post by nimbvs »

Yeah, now it works fine for me too. Even after I removed the /usr/lib32 symlink. Weird...
ceykooo

Post by ceykooo »

viking777 wrote:Re the problem above, I just found my own fix. It is not any different from ceykoo's solution except it is done manually. My run dialog now works again. So open a terminal and do:

sudo gedit /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/misc/util.js
Then Ctl/f and search for argc. There are only three instances so it doesn't take long. Manually delete argc, from those three places and it now works.

narnie is right though, gmrun bound to Alt/F3 is actually a better run dialog except it doesn't understand the 'r' command so it can't restart gnome-shell with that shortcut.
I'm just curious, if you still have the original file, what the lines with `argc` on them actually looked like. I'm guessing maybe there is a slight differentiation in spacing that my fragile sed replacement wouldn't work on, but would like to see. Thanks!
viking777

Post by viking777 »

ceykooo wrote: I'm just curious, if you still have the original file, what the lines with `argc` on them actually looked like. I'm guessing maybe there is a slight differentiation in spacing that my fragile sed replacement wouldn't work on, but would like to see. Thanks!
Sorry, but I deleted the original file although I remember when I looked at it thinking "I can't see what the difference is here" (between your sed script and manual removal).
kruijf

Post by kruijf »

Today and yesterday my system logged me out, when i opend a link from Turpial.
And i must log in again, is there some one else whit the same problem?
michelsberg

Post by michelsberg »

kruijf wrote:Today and yesterday my system logged me out, when i opend a link from Turpial.
And i must log in again, is there some one else whit the same problem?
Sorry, but who or what is Turpial? Do have a link which on clicking logged you out?

Return to “LMDE Archive”