Just installes LMDE but unable to update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Cysign

Just installes LMDE but unable to update

Post by Cysign »

I just reinstalled Linux Mint Debian Edition (newest one) since Ubuntu is annoying me without real Gnome...

But I can't get my system up to date. Always I'm going to install the updates, I get the message:

"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad_0.10.22-3_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvid.so', which is also in package gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad 0.10.22-0.1"

But I didn't change anything since I installed this distributi0on a few minutes ago.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Just installes LMDE but unable to update

Post by zerozero »

in the terminal

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad_0.10.22-3_amd64.deb
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=82346
MerelyJim

Re: Just installed LMDE but unable to update

Post by MerelyJim »

I had the same issue just last week. I resolved it by using the Mint Update Manager and selecting/installing everything except whatever began with "gstreamer."

Much was updated, much was changed. Even when I didn't have to, I rebooted.

THEN I installed the gstreamer packages and it all upgraded fine.

If this, or anything else worked, please edit your original post as [solved], please. It'll help next time I'm looking for help, which is never far off...

P.S. - installed the Xfce version on both an Acer 32-bit notebook, and a 64-bit Toshiba laptop and had the same error. Nothing drawing from Ubuntu left in the house... :D
MerelyJim

Re: Just installes LMDE but unable to update

Post by MerelyJim »

@zerozero's method seems way better than mine..

Return to “LMDE Archive”