LMDE update sources

Post your update and upgrade related errors here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE update sources

Postby zulfikar on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm

I have all the updates downloaded and had copied them to a different partition after installing them , thinking that if I have to reinstall LMDE then I can update it from the partition rather than re downloading them all, and that's what happened as I installed Mepis for trial and it did not write the Grub properly hence all sorts problems and did a re install.

I know I can update LMDE manually but that is time consuming , so how can I change the source path in Update Manager to point it towards my directory containing all the updates ?
zulfikar
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LMDE update sources

Postby midnight gypsy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:27 pm

If I understand what your asking... Synaptic, Go to "File" then to "add downloaded packages". Then choose the location. To be honest, I've never done it like this. But. I think this what you are wanting... Russ........... Happy New Year also....
midnight gypsy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE update sources

Postby zulfikar on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:22 am

I followed what you said and added the packages but then it came with an broken package problem so i ran sudo apt-get update and then upgrade and it did the trick, a few of them I had to install it manually but no trouble :)
zulfikar
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Update/Upgrade Issues