Error updating LMDE-UP3

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
llabtaem

Re: Error updating LMDE-UP3

Post by llabtaem »

@zerozero First I want to say thank you for your response, it was looking good until I ran into these problems. I type in every code in the order you provided. The second code unless it did something in the background it did nothing. Other then that every code expect for the last one went well. When I typed in the last code you provided everything was looking up, but then when it was downloading a package that was 32 MB it failed. So I tried the last line of code you provided again and it didn't work. So what I did was type them all in again in the same order you told me to. It continued to download the package it failed at so everything was looking up again. I let it sit for about an hour or so as it was fetching the packages. Then it failed again. So I thought if I do what I did before it would work. I typed in all four of the commands again in the same order, but now it isn't working at all. It's get's to 99% percent waiting for headers then it say's debian.linuxmint.com and then the IP address of this site next to it and then it fails. Is there something wrong with my respos or me connecting to the website?

EDIT: I found this thread http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=98906, people are having the same issue as I am. I will be looking over this thread
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

llabtaem, yeahh i "forgot" that any of those commands is only effective if the servers are responding properly (and they haven't yesterday and today).
things are a bit better now, but are not yet certain
Clem Says:
April 6th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

The server is now managing to support updates for up to 1400 concurrent users. It’s working OK for now but America is waking up at the moment and I don’t feel very confident about the present configuration.

We’re looking into using a different server and optimization techniques right now. I’ll keep you up-to-date as we’re progressing on this.
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1949
llabtaem

Post by llabtaem »

@zerozero Hey don't worry about it thank you for your time and help. I finally was able to get my system updated. Know I just have to find out why I can't use the kernel image 3.2 (Linux nOOb, this guy right here). Other then that I am good and I feel like this guy 8) . Thank you again.
mockturtl

Post by mockturtl »

I remembered a mysterious LMDE UP problem I've had several times -- running out of space on the partition.

I would allow 2 GB free for this one, and be sure to `apt clean` first.
kx32

Post by kx32 »

I have exactly the same problem running the
apt install libglib2.0-bin results in

Package libglib2.0-bin is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package 'libglib2.0-bin' has no installation candidate
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

kx32,
can you post, please the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -Sr
and

Code: Select all