Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Myself

Re: Failed to fetch!!!

Post by Myself »

Thanks. Happy Easter.
Myself

Re: Failed to fetch!!! - (Okay Now)

Post by Myself »

Thanks for all the advice. 1st Update Pack 4 install is now working.
It took less time to update than the length of video I was watching while it installed (catching up on my saved TV).
UpdatePack4_OK.jpg
äxl

Post by äxl »

Congrats. And happy Easter to you too.
bonz

Post by bonz »

Hi y'all, first post here.

Been running LMDE on my HTPC for about a year now, pretty happy with it. I've run debian before on other systems so I never really had something to ask before.

Have been experiencing troubles with UP4, like most I guess. Servers were not up to the growing popularity, which is a good thing imho.

I had put upgrading on a hold since the stress on servers, but now the dl progress on the repositories is going pretty fast, and then it drops to a halt with failed dl's.

As per this quote:
äxl wrote:/var/cache/apt/archives
Is there any way to determine the integrity of the downloaded packages? Some checksum like md5 or crc? I'm not really on a network here that is very relyable..
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

bonz, i would advise to hold a bit more.
afaik the server issues are not completely solved yet, this is the warning as i type in the blog
Note about server problems

Current status:

The repository is working but it’s very slow and occasionally drops requests due to the huge number of users upgrading to UP4 at the moment.
The synchronization between the server and the mirrors was halted.
We’re trying to set up a 2nd emergency update server to face the traffic.
If you can postpone your upgrade for a few days, please do, you’ll help the servers cope with the current demand and you’ll skip the traffic.
If you experience issues or if you’re going through the update at the moment, don’t hesitate to connect to the IRC chatroom (irc.spotchat.org, #linuxmint-debian)
@Myself, very good for you 8)
bonz

Post by bonz »

@zerozero

tnx for the advice.

I'm not afraid to mess up, I got a good bakcup (clonezilla) just trying to figure out if the packages I dl'd are good or if I should do an apt-get clean. I'd prefer not to cause it would stress the servers even more with unneeded traffic, but atm there is no sure way to tell if the integrity of the packages I downloaded is certain.

I'll just wait a few more days untill the repositories are stable, and the mirrors are working again. Then I'll purge my repositories and start all over.

@the Mint Team: keep up the good work!
sito

Post by sito »

In fact I have just removed the nouveau driver to install the nvidia driver but I realize that the repositories do not work.
Fortunately that is not the pc that I use usually otherwise remained without a graphical environment.
Good luck with the update server, hoping that in the future will not be underestimated the number of users who want to download updates and various packages.

Return to “LMDE Archive”