Hibernate and Standby not working.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Kanode

Hibernate and Standby not working.

Post by Kanode »

Hello,

I hope I post this in the right section^^.

I'm a brand new LMDE Users and I like it quite a lot. I have tried some distributions in the last few years (Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Arch Linux), but I like Mint the most so far because it just works^^. I was really that almost everything was just working out of the box... Never experienced that with a Linux before ;). But don't overestimate my Linux-knowledge, it is still pretty basic because I could never use a Linux for a long time because of technical issues. Just treat me as a newbie :).

But unfortunately not everything works so far. As the thread name states, Hibernate and Standby are not working for me. When I click either one of them, my PC shuts down as he should, but immediately restarts. And he seems to run into an endless-loop while startup when I choose hibernate so I have to switch my PC off. Standby doesn't hang at startup, but it just boots the PC normally and nothing gets restarted. It is as if I would have rebooted the PC.

Regarding my system: I have 8 GB RAM, so I created a 10GB big swap partition, to make sure Hibernate is working properly. And my mainboard comes with UEFI, I don't know if this is important or not. And of course my system is updated ;).

I hope someone can help my with my problem. If you need any further information, please let me now :).

Regards,
Kanode
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
äxl

Re: Hibernate and Standby not working.

Post by äxl »

There were several problems reported in this forum with either kernel or module problems.
Have you tried another kernel or graphics driver?
Kanode

Post by Kanode »

I recently installed another graphics driver and replaced Galium3D with the proprietary Nvidia driver. No change though. I tried no other kernel.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Kanode
äxl

Post by äxl »

If it's really unbearable you could install an older kernel from Debian.org. There is still 2.6.32 in the repositories.
http://packages.debian.org/linux-image-2.6.32
Compare with uname -a what you need.
on4aa

Post by on4aa »

Return to “LMDE Archive”