Samsung 7, LMDE XFCE, Elantech touchpad lag

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Samsung 7, LMDE XFCE, Elantech touchpad lag

Postby rossija84 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 am

Hey all,

I have LMDE XFCE on my new Samsung Series 7 laptop. Everything works perfectly with the exception of the touchpad.

I've read a number of threads about people who can't tap to click, can't scroll, etc and I guess I'm lucky because none of those issues are affecting me. What is affecting me is how frustratingly slow/laggy the touchpad is. I have tried messing with the acceleration/threshold, messing with 50-synaptics.conf, and all the while nothing has really helped. Even with my acceleration at 7 it's still somewhat unresponsive. Using the whole "tap to click" option literally requires me to tap like I'm slamming my finger on a piano key. Drag-and-drop is also slow, sometimes to the point it's not even possible.

I had Fedora 17 on here for about a day (hated it) and the touchpad worked perfectly. When I plug in my USB mouse to the laptop, it performs flawlessly. I don't know if it's just something with Elantech or what? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

My 50-synaptics.conf output:
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "touchpad catchall"
Driver "synaptics"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
Option "TapButton1" "1"
Option "VertEdgeScroll" "1"
EndSection

egrep -i 'synap|alps|etps' /proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

inxi
CPU[-Quad core AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-) clocked at 1497.170 Mhz-] Kernel[-3.2.0-2-amd64 x86_64-] Up[-22 min-] Mem[-521.3/3442.5MB-] HDD[-500.1GB(-)-] Procs[-154-] Client[-Shell-] inxi[-1.4.23-]
rossija84
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions