How to properly base LMDE on Debian 6 Squeeze?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
saad1gamer

How to properly base LMDE on Debian 6 Squeeze?

Post by saad1gamer »

I was about to install Linux Mint 13 along with Solus OS which is based on Debian stable. But then I just thought why not install Linux Mint Debian 32 bit instead of Solus OS. I have read somewhere some time ago that it's possible to base Linux Mint Debian on Debian 6 Squeeze which is the current stable. You have to just change the repositories to Debian stable. But I wonder how by just by changing the repositories to Debian stable would make the entire Linux Mint Debian OS as stable or nearly as stable as Debian stable? Because we would just be changing the repositories, the remaining everything of the OS plus the DE would remain the same. As I am not so experienced, kindly throw some light on this. There is too little information available on this on the web and at your forums. How can one make Linux Mint Debian completely based on Debian 6? If its possible or not? Kinldy inform me. I would prefer Linux Mint Debian over Solus OS if all that is possible and after making changes the resulting OS becomes at least as stable as Solus OS. Because Linux Mint is a mature distro. Kindly inform. Best regards. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to properly base LMDE on Debian 6 Squeeze?

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
GeneC

Re: How to properly base LMDE on Debian 6 Squeeze?

Post by GeneC »

saad1gamer wrote: ...................I have read somewhere some time ago that it's possible to base Linux Mint Debian on Debian 6 Squeeze which is the current stable. .....................................
This may be what you are referring to?

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=99741

AND:

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/497

Return to “LMDE Archive”