Not sure how to word this question, so here goes.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Not sure how to word this question, so here goes.

Postby Edogaa on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Okay, so after a year of not being able of using my PC, due to power issues I had to replace the Motherboard, Graphics Card, and memory.

I ran a massive update using the mint update on the Debian Edition. I got over 2000 updates, now I have GNOME3 installed instead of GNOME 2 and I believe I got more debian stuff than mint stuff (not sure how that works since LMDE is supposed to be 100% compatible with Debian (Testing)). I believe this because after the update, I saw some of the differences between conf files show that the Mint icons and wallpaper was being replaced with Debian ones. After all this updating and then rebooting I tried running the mint update thing again and I saw most of the repositories fail.

I have no idea what is going on, especially after not using this machine for a year, so help? lol
Edogaa
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Not sure how to word this question, so here goes.

Postby wyrdoak on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=89824#p516935

Been alot of changes since then you might want to download the latest LMDE re spin iso and do a fresh install to get you up to date with less hair pulling. :D
-Dell Mini Netbook-Atom CPU-N270-1.60ghz; 16gbs mini ePCI PATA SSD
RAM- 1gbs-(Maya-Xfce) LInux 3.2.0.57-generic(i686)
SolydX (32bit)
wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions