Is it possible to assign a key to start/stop laptopmode?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Is it possible to assign a key to start/stop laptopmode?

Postby luis.nando on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

There is quite a long time since i last participated on the forums, this is good. That means I have such a stable system with LMDE that there is no need to fix things. Ok, I've been using LMDE since the first day of it`s release without the need for reinstalling the system, and just at the beginning I also installed the laptopmode-tools (LMT) packages and set them to work when on battery. That was fine to my needs in the past, but now I`m getting a problem i'd like to solve. The broblem is, with the laptopmode enabled I get a very slow boot. Does anybody knows a script or something of the sort that disables LMT at the boot, or there is any way to toggle enable/disable LMT when I need more battery juice?
Just for information I`m using a ASUS UL30a almost 3 year old that runs for 7,5 hours on battery with LMT enabled.

Thanks in advance,

Luís Fernando
ASUS UL30a2 LMDE 64bit
luis.nando
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions