How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

Postby skippybaker on Thu May 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I have managed to install the printer drivers, & the printer is running perfectly, however I cannot get the scanner to work. i have installed the dcp7055lpr-2.1.0-1.1386.deb, cupswrapperDCP7055-2.0.4-2.i386.deb, brscan-4.0.4.1-4.i386.deb, & brscan-skey-0.2.4-0.i386.deb.

The printer is working as it should, however I cannot get the scanner to function. i have removed both the scanner drivers, re-installed them, but still cannot get them to function.

Synaptic Package manager only shows the lpr & cupswrapper printer drivers, & the brscankey, so it seems like the brscan is either hidden or not functioning correctly. I have tried to install via Terminal with the same outcome. I have also followed
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... d_scn.html,
& the detailed
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... d_scn.html,

but still cannot get the scanner to work.

On the scanner install in Terminal, after I enter step 6 (sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules) , the 45-libsane.rules(/etc/udev/rules.d ) gedit box opens but is entirely blank.

Totally new to linux, but like what i have seen so far, so i would really like help in getting my scanner to run.

Any tips gratefully received.

Nick
skippybaker
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

Postby skippybaker on Sun May 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Solved. completetly uninstalled Brother software using Synaptic Package Manager by 'marking it for complete removal, then re-installed the driver. Worked first time, so I obviously went wrong with removing the drivers initially as I only marked them for removal & not complete removal. Hope this will be of help to others.
skippybaker
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions