How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

Postby skippybaker on Thu May 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I have managed to install the printer drivers, & the printer is running perfectly, however I cannot get the scanner to work. i have installed the dcp7055lpr-2.1.0-1.1386.deb, cupswrapperDCP7055-2.0.4-2.i386.deb, brscan-4.0.4.1-4.i386.deb, & brscan-skey-0.2.4-0.i386.deb.

The printer is working as it should, however I cannot get the scanner to function. i have removed both the scanner drivers, re-installed them, but still cannot get them to function.

Synaptic Package manager only shows the lpr & cupswrapper printer drivers, & the brscankey, so it seems like the brscan is either hidden or not functioning correctly. I have tried to install via Terminal with the same outcome. I have also followed
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... d_scn.html,
& the detailed
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bs ... d_scn.html,

but still cannot get the scanner to work.

On the scanner install in Terminal, after I enter step 6 (sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules) , the 45-libsane.rules(/etc/udev/rules.d ) gedit box opens but is entirely blank.

Totally new to linux, but like what i have seen so far, so i would really like help in getting my scanner to run.

Any tips gratefully received.

Nick
skippybaker
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How can I get my Brother DCP 7055 scanner to work.

Postby skippybaker on Sun May 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Solved. completetly uninstalled Brother software using Synaptic Package Manager by 'marking it for complete removal, then re-installed the driver. Worked first time, so I obviously went wrong with removing the drivers initially as I only marked them for removal & not complete removal. Hope this will be of help to others.
skippybaker
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions