login picture

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

login picture

Postby Vantucky on Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

As a Newby I would like to know how to put a picture in the square next to my name on the login window. Can some one help? I know how to change the background, but don't know how to put a picture next to my name. I'm using LMDE 201303 Mate 1.4 and the log in window is Arc-Wise-Userlist.
Thank you.
Vantucky
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: login picture

Postby anjp on Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 pm

I think you should be able to do this under your User Account Settings. For me (in Cinnamon) it's under Menu > System Tools > System Settings > User Accounts. From that page I can select the user image icon and pick a new one/browse for a custom one.
--
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
anjp
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Vantucky on Tue May 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Thank you, now all I have to do is find User Accounts or its equivalent in Mate. I went to System>Administration>Login Window>Users>Default Face and thought I had it, but didn't. I'm obviously not doing something right. Thanks again.
Vantucky
Level 1
Level 1

Postby xenopeek on Wed May 15, 2013 1:00 am

MATE 1.4 doesn't have a user accounts equivalent I think. My workaround is here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=92236#p582888
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby andy chung on Sat May 18, 2013 4:34 am

i am using nadia cinnamon. I changed the picture to a custom one in system settings -> user account.
but the picture does not show in login window (arc-wise-userlist). it still shows the stock picutre.
what did i miss? tks
Petra 32 bit, KDE, Fedora 20, win7 triple boot
andy chung
Level 1
Level 1

Postby samriggs on Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 am

xenopeek gave the answer above your post, click on the link and read it, it's pretty simple to do, just save the image in the home folder call it .face it should pick it up automatically.
Sam
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
SolydK
samriggs
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions