[Solved] I've killed cinnamon... again! Menu config file?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Bisto

[Solved] I've killed cinnamon... again! Menu config file?

Post by Bisto »

Hi guys,

I was just going through my menu settings and was removing some items from it (all the 'uninstall' ones from 'other') and I got shoved out with an 'Oh no, something went wrong and the system can't recover'
I believe this is connected to me messing about with the menu and was wondering if there is a cinnamon menu settings file I need to delete or something along those lines?
What should I do? I have access to my user via gnome classic, so it has to be cinnamon related in theory right?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bisto

Re: I've killed cinnamon... again! Menu config file?

Post by Bisto »

I should probably add that when I try a cinnamon desktop now, that's all I end up with is the 'Oh no, something went wrong' after my mouse pointer changes colour.
Bisto

Re: [Solved] I've killed cinnamon... again! Menu config file

Post by Bisto »

Fixed it.

while logged in to gnome, I checkout out the contents of /home/myuser and renamed .config/menus to .config/menus.old then rebooted.
Bisto

Re: [Solved] I've killed cinnamon... again! Menu config file

Post by Bisto »

Fixed it.

while logged in to gnome, I checkout out the contents of /home/myuser and renamed .config/menus to .config/menus.old then rebooted.

Return to “LMDE Archive”