<SOLVED> 686- PAE Kernel

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Curtrey

<SOLVED> 686- PAE Kernel

Post by Curtrey »

Please would someone be so kind as to tell me where I can get this as I have tried to install it but I get the message that linbux-headers-686-PAE can not be found.

Curtrey
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 686- PAE Kernel

Post by xenopeek »

To give you the proper answer; which edition and version of Linux Mint are you using?
Curtrey

Post by Curtrey »

Thanks for your help. I use Linux Mint Debian.

Rather stupidly I did not "apt update" before trying to run the install of 686 kernel.

Got 686 installed now.

Sorry to bother you.

Just to finish I find Linux Mint and in particular Debian to be the best of the alternative o/s to Microsoft Windows. In fact I can do all I want with Mint using WINE to use windows applications. I have 3 desktops and one laptop. All use Mint without complications. No graphics problems, no wireless problems.

Curtrey
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

No problem :) You could also have installed this through LMDE's Device Driver Manager (ddm), which will assist you with installing hardware drivers and also with the 686 PAE kernel.

Moved to LMDE forum and edited your first post to include <SOLVED> in the subject.

Return to “LMDE Archive”