I put a clean installation of LMDE 201303 Cinnamon 64-bit onto my machine. It dual boots into Windows 7 and LMDE, with the UEFI chaining to GRUB 2 on \boot of the Linux partitions. Motherboard is a P8H61-M LX3 R2.0. Update manager says the system is up to date. Repos are currently:
- Code: Select all
deb http://mint-packages.c3sl.ufpr.br/ debian main upstream import
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest testing main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/security testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/multimedia testing main non-free
Everything just works out of the box, but whenever I click on 'Get more online' in any of Applets, Desklets or Extensions in the System Settings, the updating procedure runs to about 6% and then locks up the computer entirely. The only way I have found to get out of that is a hard reboot.
I am not going back to Windows at this point, so this is not a deal breaker. It is inconvenient though, and the only apparently unstable part of what has otherwise been a refreshingly easy experience of OS installation. I haven't found any mention of this anywhere on the forums, so I thought I would ask.