Is there a working screensaver in LMDE Cinnamon

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tlcmd

Is there a working screensaver in LMDE Cinnamon

Post by tlcmd »

Assistance, please. After reading and searching, it appears that there is no real working screensaver in LMDE Cinnamon. If not, which is a good one to download from the repository which will allow me to show my downloaded pictures from a file in "Home?"

Thaks,
tlcmd
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsugi

Re: Is there a working screensaver in LMDE Cinnamon

Post by kurotsugi »

'dpkg -l |grep screensaver'

this command will check which screensaver installed on your system. when cinnamon 1.8 arrives, we got cinnamon-screensaver installed. your probably have two screensaver installed thus makes the screensaver didn't work. you need to choose one of them. aside from gnome-screensaver and cinnamon-screensaver, you can also use xscreensaver. kde-screensaver is exist but you'll need to install a lot of kde and qt framework to make it work.
If not, which is a good one to download from the repository which will allow me to show my downloaded pictures from a file in "Home?"
I don't know which one best for you. you might need to try them one by one. cinnamon and gnome doesn't have option to set the picture but xscreensaver have one. nevertheless, it can only show one picture at one time.
tlcmd

Post by tlcmd »

Thanks for the reply. I had a screensaver in LMDE Mate which allowed me to select the folder from which the pics could be used and the time the pic was displayed.
tlcmd
jr121705

Post by jr121705 »

kurotsugi wrote:'dpkg -l |grep screensaver'

this command will check which screensaver installed on your system. when cinnamon 1.8 arrives, we got cinnamon-screensaver installed. your probably have two screensaver installed thus makes the screensaver didn't work. you need to choose one of them.
I ran this command and I have cinnamon, gnome, and xscreensaver. How do I choose one of them? It would be nice to have a tutorial about working with the screensaver for newbies like me.
merryoakparker

How do I run the gnome screensaver in LMDE Cinnamon

Post by merryoakparker »

I just checked and have the gnome screensaver 3.4.1-1 in my LMDE cinnamon. How do I open and start it?
Thanks,
merryoakparker
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

only one screensaver will work at one time. you need to uninstall the other screensaver if you have more than one installed in your system.

Return to “LMDE Archive”