System boots to terminal mode

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Bluemax_36

System boots to terminal mode

Post by Bluemax_36 »

I was having some problems with what appeared to be instability with the bottom panel on my LMDE Mate edition. The calendar/time button simply disappeared, and the panel shortened and centered at the bottom of the screen. After several attempts to correct this, I rebooted and found the panel had relocated to the top of the screen. Subsequently, it relocated to the middle of the screen. I was able to drag it back to the bottom of the screen, but I was unable to reinstall the time/calendar button. On a subsequent reboot, the system booted to the Mate Terminal. I have not been able to reboot to the desktop. I have checked the forum for similar issues, but I'm not finding them. I've been running LMDE 2013 Mate edition for about six months on my desktop, my wife's desktop, and my laptop with very few issues. I did have some problems with the most recent upgrade; however, subsequent updates seem to have corrected those issues. I'm considering a reinstall of LMDE 2013 on my desktop, but I'd like to hear of any other experience/solutions with similar symptoms. Thanks much!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bluemax_36

Re: System boots to terminal mode

Post by Bluemax_36 »

I opted for the solution that I was trying to avoid...used ISO Disc to boot and backed up data...then installed Linux Mint LDME 201303. Working well now. :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”