How do I get out of "safe" mode?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Diwedd

How do I get out of "safe" mode?

Post by Diwedd »

Hello,

I have never used Linux until a few days ago. It was gong fairly well, until I tried to uninstall a programme that wasn't working properly. I must have made a realy big error, because my notebook reverted to what can be described as "safe" mode. I have been unable to get back to my profile, even though I am the administrator. I'm have this vague mmory that therse was an error message with the word "gnome" in it.

I am unable to view programmes in my start-up and there are many desktop settings that I am unable to change. This is because I'm not in my profile. How do I get back to it?

If it is of any use, I had the 32 bit edition featuring the Xfce desktop installed. Should I reformat or re-install? And what is involved if I reinstall Linux Mint i.e. is it relatively easy for someone with no knowledlge of Linux?

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Diwedd

Re: How do I get out of "safe" mode?

Post by Diwedd »

Problem solved with the help of a friend.
eanfrid

Re: How do I get out of "safe" mode?

Post by eanfrid »

Nice. Otherwise, it would have been like planning to replace your car when you get a flat tire :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”