Plugin Traceback and Panel

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Plugin Traceback and Panel

Postby Minzen on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:57 pm

I have got this errorcode after starting my system:
Code: Select all
Initialisierung des Plugins fehlgeschlagen places : Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py", line 330, in PopulatePlugins
    MyPlugin.do_plugin()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 278, in do_plugin
    self.do_standard_places()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 209, in do_standard_places
    self.refreshTrash()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 286, in refreshTrash
    if (int(infoFiles) > 0):

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: "ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' fr"

The problem still exists after several restarts although I haven't updated or changed anything recently on my system.
I can't see the button at the left bottom corner, where I can access nearly everything...
How can I fix this problem?
I use LMDE Mate-version.
Minzen
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Plugin Traceback and Panel

Postby Monsta on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:26 am

Please post the output of these commands:

ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/
ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/ | wc -l
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Minzen on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I wanted to execute these two codephrases in my terminal and when I opened it, this appeared:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.

This phrase appeared 16 times!

Here is the rest of the output:

XXX@XXX ~ $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
XXX@XXX ~ $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/ | wc -l

So there's the same errorcode again.
Minzen
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Monsta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 am

Hmm, at first I thought the problem was with non-empty trash, but looks like it's not the case. Looks like we need to get rid of that strange error message first...

Please post the output of:

inxi -Sx
cat /etc/ld.so.preload
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Minzen on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:27 am

Here is the output:
XXX@XXX ~ $ inxi -Sx
System:    Host XXX Kernel 3.10-2-686-pae i686 (32 bit) Distro Unknown distro o_O
XXX@XXX ~ $ cat /etc/ld.so.preload
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so

P.S.: XXX stands for my realname --> that's the reason why I replace it everytime I post something.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Minzen
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Monsta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 am

So you have 32-bit system (hmm, why it says "unknown distro"?) but the line in /etc/ld.so.preload says it should load 64-bit library.
Try removing that /etc/ld.so.preload file.
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Minzen on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 am

Unfortunately I can't remove it because the "entf"-key doesn't work on this item and the entry "delete" is deactive in the contextmenu.
Is there another way to delete this file?
Minzen
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Monsta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 am

Well, of course you should do it as root.

sudo rm /etc/ld.so.preload
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Minzen on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you! This command worked and after restarting my computer, no error message appeared! :)
Minzen
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Monsta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 am

Good :) Now you can try to remember how that file got into your system in the first place: I don't recall it being in the default LMDE installation :)
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions