Plugin Traceback and Panel

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Minzen

Plugin Traceback and Panel

Post by Minzen »

I have got this errorcode after starting my system:

Code: Select all

Initialisierung des Plugins fehlgeschlagen places : Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py", line 330, in PopulatePlugins
    MyPlugin.do_plugin()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 278, in do_plugin
    self.do_standard_places()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 209, in do_standard_places
    self.refreshTrash()

File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/plugins/places.py", line 286, in refreshTrash
    if (int(infoFiles) > 0):

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: "ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' fr"
The problem still exists after several restarts although I haven't updated or changed anything recently on my system.
I can't see the button at the left bottom corner, where I can access nearly everything...
How can I fix this problem?
I use LMDE Mate-version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Plugin Traceback and Panel

Post by Monsta »

Please post the output of these commands:

ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/

ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/ | wc -l
Minzen

Post by Minzen »

I wanted to execute these two codephrases in my terminal and when I opened it, this appeared:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
This phrase appeared 16 times!

Here is the rest of the output:

XXX@XXX ~ $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.
XXX@XXX ~ $ ls ~/.local/share/Trash/info/ | wc -l
So there's the same errorcode again.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Hmm, at first I thought the problem was with non-empty trash, but looks like it's not the case. Looks like we need to get rid of that strange error message first...

Please post the output of:

inxi -Sx

cat /etc/ld.so.preload
Minzen

Post by Minzen »

Here is the output:

XXX@XXX ~ $ inxi -Sx
System:    Host XXX Kernel 3.10-2-686-pae i686 (32 bit) Distro Unknown distro o_O
XXX@XXX ~ $ cat /etc/ld.so.preload
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc/memcpy-preload.so
P.S.: XXX stands for my realname --> that's the reason why I replace it everytime I post something.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

So you have 32-bit system (hmm, why it says "unknown distro"?) but the line in /etc/ld.so.preload says it should load 64-bit library.
Try removing that /etc/ld.so.preload file.
Minzen

Post by Minzen »

Unfortunately I can't remove it because the "entf"-key doesn't work on this item and the entry "delete" is deactive in the contextmenu.
Is there another way to delete this file?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Well, of course you should do it as root.

sudo rm /etc/ld.so.preload
Minzen

Post by Minzen »

Thank you! This command worked and after restarting my computer, no error message appeared! :)
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Good :) Now you can try to remember how that file got into your system in the first place: I don't recall it being in the default LMDE installation :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”