HAL freedesktop [solved]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
abtygwyn

HAL freedesktop [solved]

Post by abtygwyn »

Having completed the recent upgrade I find that on booting up I get stacks of error messages regarding stuff which isn't loading. Freedesktop is the common factor. I've been told this is because hal is loaded and it doesn't matter BUT, I would prefer to get rid of the messages as they are disconcerting if nothing else.

Plus I have also found that my laptop is now not responding to external USB devices/ mobile phones as well as it used to. Not all have problems just some, so I'm not sure what's going on there and wonder if the 'hardware abstraction layer' has anything to do with this?

Although I've run LMDE for years now, I count myself as a newbie. I'm completely self taught and tend only to learn what I need to, to carry out certain tasks. Sorry.

Any help would be much appreciated, as ever

Andrew

PS have tried reloading has through synaptic package manager to no effect.
Happy to remove if it is unnecessary or if it just needs tweeking to bring it to life ....?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: HAL freedesktop

Post by Monsta »

abtygwyn

Re: HAL freedesktop

Post by abtygwyn »

ha! that easy ..... thanks! :D I assume it's just not necessary at all? Not sure how it got there ... I never added it and I'd never seen it before the upgrade.

Thanks again

Andrew

Return to “LMDE Archive”