Linux Mint Debian Edition 2014 release date

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
marcs

Linux Mint Debian Edition 2014 release date

Post by marcs »

Hello all,

I wanted to download and install LMDE, but there's this message hanging on a LMDE download page:

"Please do not download LMDE 201303. The repositories were recently updated with UP8 and new ISO images are being prepared at the moment. To avoid tedious updates and unecessary problems we recommend you wait for the release of LMDE 201403."

When can we expect LMDE 2014 release? I really need a rolling, easy to use Debian-based distro, as my Debian setup died and I am too busy with my professional life to cope with new Debian setup again [and all of my backups died too, unfortunately].

Thx in advance for your replies.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint Debian Edition 2014 release date

Post by xenopeek »

The release candidate is out: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2571. You can install that one already, or else just keep an eye on the blog where the final release will also be announced. Usually you can expect it a few weeks after the release candidate, depending on how many issues are found by the users (which are posted on that blog post in the comments).

Return to “LMDE Archive”