mysql-workbench blinding color

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

mysql-workbench blinding color

Postby xieu90 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:18 am

I installed workbench some days ago, today i tried to use it and i was shocked when it opened.
there are text in white area and i almost couldnt read it at all. are there any way to change color of this program?
I tried edit/preferences/appearance and edited color of preset or even deleted all of them but no effect
Attachments
Screenshot-MySQL Workbench.png
simple wow ....
xieu90
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mysql-workbench blinding color

Postby jonneyh on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm having the same problem on linux mint debian 64bit cinnamon, have you had any luck finding a solution? I installed workbench from synaptic package manager first and then tried the ubuntu version from the mysql website but both caused the same problem. Is anyone running workbench on LMDE without this problem?
jonneyh
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mysql-workbench blinding color

Postby mdavies5 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 pm

A Google search shows this to be an age old problem. Posts a year ago suggested colour selection would be an option. The Oracle site said V6.1 would have a high contrast color scheme conforming to Windows specs. I just downloaded latest version 6.1.4 and installed to replace 6.08. Same problem and no configuartion options :x
Cheers, Mike
mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions