"Unclaimed register" error during system boot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ku3i

"Unclaimed register" error during system boot

Post by ku3i »

Hi Folks,

I freshly installed LMDE and noticed the Error: "[drm:ivybridge_irq_handler] *ERROR* Unclaimed register before interrupt" twice during system boot.
Any recommendation how to search for the root of the problem?

Thanks and kind regards
ku3i
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: "Unclaimed register" error during system boot

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as this is about LMDE and not about the main edition.

You would do an Internet search for that exact string you posted here, "[drm:ivybridge_irq_handler] *ERROR* Unclaimed register before interrupt". See if anybody else that has reported a problem that includes this message has something that matches up with your hardware. Try to focus on more recent messages. Anything older than 6 months is probably useless. Don't do a forum search--do an Internet search.

The error indicates a problem with your Ivy Bridge generation Intel CPU.

I've only spotted one other problem that seems to be related to yours: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1286192. If you also have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 notebook, or close to it?

LMDE now has a new enough kernel that you should normally not expect any problems with Ivy Brigde generation Intel CPUs. But notebook manufacturers are know to make life complicated :|
Ubulindy

Post by Ubulindy »

I get that same exact error upon every boot. Ive just been ignoring it because my system is stable. Both cpu ( i7 ) and gpu ( nVidia gtx 770m ) work as expected. If you find a solution though, please let me know. BTW, mine is an MSI GT60. I had a look at that link, my system has never locked up.
robire

Post by robire »

I'm using Intel NUC i3 processor, installed Linux Mint a few days ago and got the same message, actually I got it twice, so 2 rows with the same message.
gebeer

Post by gebeer »

Hello,

same problem here on a brandnew LMDE 201403 install.
My machine: cirrus7 nimbus
Board: Asus Q87T
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690T CPU @ 2.50GHz
Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)

Would really like to get rid off this message. What should we do? File a bug report?

Return to “LMDE Archive”