Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

Postby ron_h on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:14 am

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit ; LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 as installed by LMDE

I was trying to change some icons used in the LibreOffice toolbar [example : LO Writer-Tools-Customize-Toolbars-(select command)-Modify-Change icon] when I realised that some of the icons are missing in the base installation of LO, example is .uno:CountAll which is what appears in the list of icons instead of the icon itself.
Is there a simple way for a newbie to get hold of the missing icons and install them ?

Also, the icons in LO are pretty monochromatic (a few have some colour), and while I can't say I have seen many coloured icons in LO, they certainly have mostly coloured icons in ApacheOpenOffice which I use on XP. I find the coloured icons in AOO much nicer to use than the mono ones in LO.
Is there a simple way for a newbie to use coloured icons in LO on LMDE ?

| from looking at the LibreOffice documentation, it appears that coloured icons can be used in LO.

Ron
Last edited by ron_h on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Icons for LibreOffice toolbars

Postby kyphi on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 am

Yes, I agree those monochrome icons are most unattractive. There are several styles for the Libreoffice icons in synaptic. Here is one that I use:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-style-galaxy
See if you like it.
Qiana Cinnamon 64bit
kyphi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Icons for LibreOffice toolbars

Postby ron_h on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Super, thanks

I used Synaptic Package Manager to find and install the libreoffice-style-galaxy package, and found that it was enabled by default in LibreOffice. At first glance it looks just like the style I am accustomed to in Apache Open Office on Windows.

Ron
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Icons for LibreOffice toolbars [SOLVED]

Postby fred19 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 am

Thank you, that's a great improvement.
Probably being very dim but in the Calc program I can't find Autosum. Had a look in toolbars/customise but can't find the little jigger.

Where is it?
fred19
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions