Twitter and repositories

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Twitter and repositories

Postby Piticlander on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 am

Hello everyone :)

I've been searching for a twitter client, but I can't find one. This makes me think: I come from Debian (I'm not an expert although) and there are in the Testing repositories some twitter clients. I could add the Debian testing repositories to my sources.list, but, this is the question: what would happen? I mean. I would like to keep the original sources.list in order not to break any dependencies, but, if I don't add other repositories, I may not have some programs I'd like to have. May I add the Debian testing repositories or does exit another solution?

Thank you!
Ut pictura poesis
Piticlander
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Twitter and repositories

Postby Monsta on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Add Testing repo, install something, remove Testing repo. No problems usually.
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Twitter and repositories

Postby Piticlander on Tue May 06, 2014 2:41 am

Thank you!
I've tried to add the debian testing official repositories in: Software Manager - Software Origins - Aditional Repositories, and now I can see almost 3000 packages more. Will it break any dependencies? or does LMDE gives priority to the main repositories?
Ut pictura poesis
Piticlander
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions