Are SystemSettings-StartupPrograms logged?[ABANDON]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Are SystemSettings-StartupPrograms logged?[ABANDON]

Postby ron_h on Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit

Where, if anywhere, are the results of executing System Settings-Startup Programs logged, especially ones added or modified by a user ? I've looked at the various files in /var/log and can't find any sign of such results in any of them. It'd be helpful sometimes, when expected results don't eventuate, to know where to look.

Ron
Last edited by ron_h on Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Are SystemSettings-StartupPrograms logged ?

Postby karlchen on Fri May 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello, ron_h.

Telling from the "Startup Applications" behaviour on the Linux mint main editions, I would be amazed if on LMDE the "Startup Applications" were logged in some central file.
Therefore, in case you experience problems with a particular (user) startup application, you may have to modify the commandline which launches the application in such a way that a logfile will be created which catches all potential screen output.

Kind regards,
Karl
karlchen
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Are SystemSettings-StartupPrograms logged ?

Postby ron_h on Sat May 10, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks, Karl

I'll have to investigate that.

Ron
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions