Update Manager icon gone from panel [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Update Manager icon gone from panel [SOLVED]

Postby ron_h on Thu May 15, 2014 7:04 am

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit

I saw posts over in Newbie Questions for Main Edition about the disappearance of the Update Manager icon from the panel ...

Well, it's happened to me on LMDE as well. Unlike the other case, I have not changed from the default theme. However I have used System Settings-Themes-Other Settings to select a different set of icons, gnome-colors-common. The item for Update Manager in the menu still has its icon (shield shaped).

Update : It's happened on LMDE installed on a netbook, but I've just checked and it has not (yet) happened on LMDE installed on a desktop. The 2 LMDE systems are very similar, that is, same level of Update and much the same additional packages installed, same additional icons installed and selected.

UPDATE I can live with this, I would assume that the icon will disappear from the panel on the desktop some time.

Ron
Last edited by ron_h on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Update Manager icon gone from panel

Postby ron_h on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 am

ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Update Manager icon gone from panel [SOLVED]

Postby WinterTroubles on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 am

Hi ron

Glad to see that my advice in the topic you linked to above solved your issue :D

I'd just like to add a small apology for not noticing this topic until after you'd solved it... Nothing personal, I promise :oops:
Linux noob...lurking in the corner...reading quietly...absorbing hopefully...possibly learning..

Mint17Cinn32bit

http://www.copy.com 15 GB free storage + 5GB referral bonuses available
WinterTroubles
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Update Manager icon gone from panel [SOLVED]

Postby ron_h on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:08 am

Thank you !
ron_h
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions