how to show running applications in panel? [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

how to show running applications in panel? [SOLVED]

Postby 52ROSt on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 pm

I played in the preferences for the panel. (right click on menu button > preferences) Doing so, I must have done a change that I do not find back. Before "playing" in the preferences I saw always the running applications in the panel. Clicking on them I could change to the one I wanted to use. Now the applications are not to be seen anymore in the panel.

Where in the preferences do I have to make which change to have the running applications shown again in the panel?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by 52ROSt on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
52ROSt
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: how to show running applications in pannel?

Postby palimmo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:47 pm

52ROSt wrote:I played in the preferences for the panel. (right click on menu button > preferences) Doing so, I must have done a change that I do not find back. Before "playing" in the preferences I saw always the running applications in the panel. Clicking on them I could change to the one I wanted to use. Now the applications are not to be seen anymore in the panel.

Where in the preferences do I have to make which change to have the running applications shown again in the panel?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It should be:
right click on the panel
choose 'Add applets to the panel'
choose 'Window list'
LM Cinnamon 64bit & SolydK 64bit
palimmo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: how to show running applications in panel? [SOLVED]

Postby 52ROSt on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank you palimmo. This was the solution!

But now I found "workspaces" and wonder what this is. More to study....
52ROSt
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions