Tried to look/understand http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=55493 to get answer to above question, but could not find / understand
I would like to get my LMDE to automatically update e.g. once a week (this is testing machine, if working well others (now still Mint 9) to have the same.
As I could understand, better to close aps (like X) first. Also need for recovery back-ups understood.
What would be most simple / reliable way to do it? My status/hopes:
- Machine always on with one non-admin user auto-logged in (no update rights).
- Ongoing aps can be killed (if needed / makes it more safe)
Could give e.g. 5min to cancel / delay (e.g. 1h) update
- Recovery point / back-up could be created at this point
- Restart allowed (might be a good idea even if not needed).
- After update (re-start machine) machine should look like normal re-started machine (aps with autostart on).
I am sure too simple for you guys... and definitely impossible for me