here's a tip!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
darco
Level 4
Level 4

here's a tip!

Post by darco »

I have seen various issues from some individuals that dont seem to affect others. Well I had this issue that only affected me(?) but I was able to figure it out!
For some reason, whenever I tried to reboot using the Menu or the awn reboot applet, my pc would rarely reboot.It just sat there, I had to run the sudo reboot command.
It turns out, for me, it was the Open Office quick start option that appears in the task bar. Once I disabled it, my reboot issues went away!
Hope this helps someone!

darco
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
allypink

Re: here's a tip!

Post by allypink »

darco wrote:I have seen various issues from some individuals that dont seem to affect others. Well I had this issue that only affected me(?) but I was able to figure it out!
For some reason, whenever I tried to reboot using the Menu or the awn reboot applet, my pc would rarely reboot.It just sat there, I had to run the sudo reboot command.
It turns out, for me, it was the Open Office quick start option that appears in the task bar. Once I disabled it, my reboot issues went away!
Hope this helps someone!

darco
This has been a problem upstream. Started for most in Karmic (mint9). Most folks know about it by now, but thanks for the reminder. :D
Kittum

Re: here's a tip!

Post by Kittum »

It was useful to me!

I have been happy using Mint 6 for so long that this issue never bugged me before.

Now it won't bug me again.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to “LMDE Archive”