(SOLVED) KDE apps on LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
professorsnapper
Level 2
Level 2

(SOLVED) KDE apps on LMDE?

Post by professorsnapper »

Folks,

I've installed K3B through the software centre, and even though it shows up on the terminal as being installed (see terminal notes below), it doesn't show up on the start / slab menu. I'm guessing that I might have to install some KDE-related dependency - would I be right here?

Package: k3b
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2.0.0-1
Priority: optional
Section: kde

Thanks,
Snapper.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tec_wiz

Re: KDE apps on LMDE?

Post by tec_wiz »

Some newly installed programs will not show up under the menu to begin with. They will be placed under the normal Debian gnome menu and not picked up by the mint menu. If you wish to view these items then right click on the menu icon and select edit menu. It will open up a new window and display all the categories that programs can fall under. I'm assuming that K3B is under the debian menu. If so, then just drag and drop it to a mint menu and it will then show up in your menu.

I have had to do this for quite a few of my programs. A little annoying, but not that big of a deal.
CiaW

Post by CiaW »

I just installed k3b myself (after looking for gnomebaker and not finding it...), and likewise it wasn't on the menu. I added a gnome menu to my top panel, which is where I've added some quick launch icons and a weather widget and there wasn't an entry for k3b there either.

I opened a terminal and typed in k3b and it came up for me, so apparently it'll run. Then I closed it and pulled up alacarte (menu editor) which you can actually get to by right clicking on the Menu and selecting 'edit'. I found k3b was showing in the 'sound and video' category but the checkbox was blank, so I checked it, closed and now k3b is on the menu! HTH.
professorsnapper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by professorsnapper »

Thanks folks! Much appreciated.

Snapper.

Return to “LMDE Archive”