How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jsteele31

How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

Post by jsteele31 »

Hey guys since the IPhone update the old version of LibiMobile offered in LMDE no longer works. They have a new version on the website but it compiling it doesn't work. Is there any tutorials available on how to install the new version on LMDE???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

Post by mads »

Hi jsteele31!

Version 1.0.4 is in Debian experimental: http://packages.debian.org/search?searc ... biledevice
So, I guess you should change apt repositories from "testing" (default in LMDE) to "experimental" and do a sudo apt-get update. Then upgrade LibiMobile from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, and change apt repositories back to "testing".

I am sure there are better ways to approach this, but I am also new to Debian/LMDE.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

mads wrote:Hi jsteele31!

Version 1.0.4 is in Debian experimental: http://packages.debian.org/search?searc ... biledevice
So, I guess you should change apt repositories from "testing" (default in LMDE) to "experimental" and do a sudo apt-get update. Then upgrade LibiMobile from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, and change apt repositories back to "testing".

I am sure there are better ways to approach this, but I am also new to Debian/LMDE.
Your method works fine. I've used it many times in the past.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
mads

Post by mads »

tdockery97 wrote:Your method works fine. I've used it many times in the past.
tdockery97, thanks a lot for this.

Good to know that this method works. I have actually never tried it myself.

Return to “LMDE Archive”