xfce4-power-manager at boot?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Postby chrisannwn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 am

Hello,

I have some unresolved problems with gnome-power-manager in LMDE (see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59174). I would try xfce power manager instead of gnome one's. I thus installed xfce4-power-manager with synaptic and uninstall gnome-power-manager. xfce4-power-manager is marked as startup application (in startup applications gui in preferences menu - sorry if this is not the exact name, my desktop is in french), but I always need to launch it manually ($xfce4-power-manager in a terminal) after each boot to have the icon in the systray of the gnome panel. Any idea to automatically launch xfce4-power-manager at boot?
Thanks in advance
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Postby bobcollard on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 am

If it is just a matter of putting it in the tray, then you can install it as a Launcher on the Panel.
Robert Collard, Springfield, IL
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16 Ghz. 4GB RAM
Linux Mint Debian Edition, Xfce 4.6.2 Desktop, 2.6.37-0.dmz.6-liquorix-amd64
bobcollard
Level 5
Level 5

Postby chrisannwn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I can install it as a Launcher. But as far as I remember, xfce power manager was automatically launched at startup if installed in ubuntu or ubuntu/gnome-based linux mint releases. The problem is that I don't know if it really starts or not at boot in LMDE...
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tehfnz on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 am

Just disable the XFCE power manager in the Startup Programs list. Then change the command from gnome-power-manager to xfce4-power-manager in the Powe Manager deamon
tehfnz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot? [SOLVED]

Postby chrisannwn on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

OK. It works. Thank you very much.
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions