xfce4-power-manager at boot?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Postby chrisannwn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 am

Hello,

I have some unresolved problems with gnome-power-manager in LMDE (see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59174). I would try xfce power manager instead of gnome one's. I thus installed xfce4-power-manager with synaptic and uninstall gnome-power-manager. xfce4-power-manager is marked as startup application (in startup applications gui in preferences menu - sorry if this is not the exact name, my desktop is in french), but I always need to launch it manually ($xfce4-power-manager in a terminal) after each boot to have the icon in the systray of the gnome panel. Any idea to automatically launch xfce4-power-manager at boot?
Thanks in advance
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot?

Postby bobcollard on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 am

If it is just a matter of putting it in the tray, then you can install it as a Launcher on the Panel.
Robert Collard, Springfield, IL
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16 Ghz. 4GB RAM
Linux Mint Debian Edition, Xfce 4.6.2 Desktop, 2.6.37-0.dmz.6-liquorix-amd64
bobcollard
Level 5
Level 5

Postby chrisannwn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I can install it as a Launcher. But as far as I remember, xfce power manager was automatically launched at startup if installed in ubuntu or ubuntu/gnome-based linux mint releases. The problem is that I don't know if it really starts or not at boot in LMDE...
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tehfnz on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 am

Just disable the XFCE power manager in the Startup Programs list. Then change the command from gnome-power-manager to xfce4-power-manager in the Powe Manager deamon
tehfnz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: xfce4-power-manager at boot? [SOLVED]

Postby chrisannwn on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

OK. It works. Thank you very much.
chrisannwn
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions