KDE on LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
craigevil

Re: KDE on LMDE

Post by craigevil »

No issues with KDE on sid, just had a big 300mb update this week, went from kde4.6.4 to 4.6.5.

Host: debian Kernel: 2.6.39-2-486 i686 (32 bit) Desktop KDE 4.6.5 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid
limotux
Level 4
Level 4

Re: KDE on LMDE

Post by limotux »

kaizer wrote:guys I think this was an old topic launched before dev decide to do the next KDE version based on LMDE so I will suggest you just to wait for the release .... ( should not be too long now)
That way you will get a much more polished version (than the one you may try to do yourself)
That would be great! I beeive KDE is quite popular and atractive especially for noobs or Windows converts.

Hmmm, I'm scared to say, though it was me who satarted this thread, it's been a while I'm using LMDE with gnome, started to get used to it and.. mmm.. loving it. I'm suspicious I'll go back to KDE, but definetly I'll try LMDE with KDE on virtualbox, the only thing I'm missing in KDE is mmm.. the symantic desktop search in dolphin, but not a big issue.

By the way, I didn't install KDE on this machine, but using KMyMoney, which is a KDE app. and it is running fine. I tried some others but on virtualbox like digikam and Amarok, on gnome, but it was horrible, unusable, but I am using alternatives and really happy with them.

I just thought I should keep you updated as this may help newbies or Windows converts to decide. My recomendation to them is LMDE with gnome, it's great.
Lenovo G580
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6 - LMDE 4 Debbie
In Love With Linux

Return to “LMDE Archive”