Added KDE applications not showing up in menu (solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Added KDE applications not showing up in menu (solved)

Postby craig10x on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi:
Encountered a strange problem on LMDE (never happened on main edition)...I added some programs using software manager that are gnome base and they got added to the mint menu with no problem...But now i just added two KDE programs (K3b and Amarok) and while the software manager installed them and shows them as being installed, they are not showing up in mint menu...
Is there a fix for this? Suggestions will be appreciated :wink:
Last edited by craig10x on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig10x
Level 7
Level 7

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Added KDE applications not showing up in menu

Postby willie42 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 pm

try right clicking on Menu and reload Plugins and see if that helps
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Postby grey1960envoy on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:11 pm

The other thing to check is :go into the control center,open "main menu" and check to dee if the apps are marked to be shown in menu ( this got me once too) :lol:
In a perfect world everything has it's place, Linux on my computer, windows on the wall, and M$ in the trash!
CrunchBang, LMDE, Mint 9 ,Peppermint Hackintosh and a few others :) Registered ...Machine; #432150 user ;#530829
grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Postby craig10x on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 pm

grey1960envoy wrote:The other thing to check is :go into the control center,open "main menu" and check to dee if the apps are marked to be shown in menu ( this got me once too) :lol:

Yep...that's what it was...i did what you suggested and when i highlighted "sound and video" both k3b and Amarok were showing but they were not CHECKED...i checked them both and viola...in the mint menu now!

That never happened on main edition but i guess LMDE still has a few "rough edges" :lol:

Thanks guys :wink:
craig10x
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Newbie Questions