Boot warnings [Solved]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Boot warnings [Solved]

Postby cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 am

I get this during boot.
Code: Select all
 Loading cpufreq kernel modules...WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future releas 15:32:19 2011: WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.

What does it mean and can i do anything about it? The system seems to work flawlessly.
Last edited by cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Boot warnings

Postby abercrombieande on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

You need to add .conf to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
abercrombieande
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Boot warnings [Solved]

Postby cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am

My bad.. Apperently it is not allowed to have any files without .conf ending in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory. I backed up a file by renaming it in that directory.

Thank you...
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions