Boot warnings [Solved]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Boot warnings [Solved]

Postby cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 am

I get this during boot.
Code: Select all
 Loading cpufreq kernel modules...WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future releas 15:32:19 2011: WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.

What does it mean and can i do anything about it? The system seems to work flawlessly.
Last edited by cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Boot warnings

Postby abercrombieande on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

You need to add .conf to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
abercrombieande
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Boot warnings [Solved]

Postby cecar on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am

My bad.. Apperently it is not allowed to have any files without .conf ending in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory. I backed up a file by renaming it in that directory.

Thank you...
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions