Cairo-dock missing applets(SOLVED)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Cairo-dock missing applets(SOLVED)

Postby dscherry on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm converting a couple of Ubuntu 10.10 boxes to LMDE 10 (amd64). Everything's going pretty smoothly except cairo-dock. The Debian repositories had CD 2.1.3, (not so good). I've added the glx-dock repository and was able to install cairo-dock 2.2.0-4. Works very well, but is missing quite a few applets available with CD2.2.0 in the ubuntu repositories.

The missing applets (mail, desk photo and a few others) show up for version 2.1.3 in the debian repositories, but none appear for the newer cairo-dock. Any suggestions on finding the newer applets?

tia,
Dan

Edit: quick update: I did a complete purge of 2.1.3 and 2.2.0, then reinstalled from the glx-dock repository. The Mail app still does not show in the configuration plug-in list, but 'dbus' and 'slider' (the desk photo) are not available and seem to be working okay. Still would like to be able to access the mail applet.

Edit: solved - the LMDE, ppa-debian, and glx-dock(debian) repositories do not list the mail applet. But the unstable ppa for debian/ubuntu has the latest corrected packages:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/debian/ubuntu lucid main ## Cairo-Dock-PPA
dscherry
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Cairo-dock missing applets(SOLVED)

Postby Oscar799 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 am

Glad you found a solution :P
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Return to Newbie Questions