TV Woes

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
k4ever

TV Woes

Post by k4ever »

I'm using LMDE 32bit on a Gateway 7510GX laptop, WinTV-HVR 850 usb TV tuner, ATI Radeon x600, PulseAudio, system is up to date as of now. For some reason tvtime has been locking up my system lately. I don't know why. It was working well when I first install LMDE. Now, it will not tune unless I have the sound looped back (never did that before) and it locks the whole system up after a couple of minutes of running.

I've tried to using Zapping as an alternative, but it won't tune the channels (AFN-Europe over a cable) no matter which option I pick (us-cable-hrc or us-cable-irc). Me-TV won't tune the channels either. I really love tvtime. Is anyone else having a problem with tvtime. Will someone help me figure out what's wrong? Also is there a way to get tvtime to output it's channel list into a file type that other tv tuner programs could understand?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ukbrian

Re: TV Woes

Post by ukbrian »

I got me-tv with my usb stick working using this link http://www.smovs.dk/linux/index.php?not ... V%2073e%29
You have to install mercurial from synaptic before installing v4l-dvb
I haven't been able to get tvtime working for a long time but Kaffeine works well for me, just a poor EPG
ukbrian
k4ever

Re: TV Woes

Post by k4ever »

ukbrian: Looks like the set-up you linked to is for digital tv. I'm trying to do analog only. Does anyone know how to make each sound device keep the same hw profile? I have to run this command to get sound in TVtime: tvtime | arecord -D hw:2,0 -r 32000 -c 2 -f S16_LE | aplay -

However, it seems like every time I reboot the OS assigns a different "hw" value to the audio in on the TV card. I have to run "arecord -l" to find the hw value for the TV card before I run the tvtime command.

Return to “LMDE Archive”